In an emergency, call 000 for the Police, Fire or Ambulance. Or call 132 500 for the SES.
At Geelong Insurance Brokers we provide ourselves on our excellent claims advice and service.
In an emergency outside office hours you can call 0419 390 303 to speak to our Managing Director who will assist you with your claim.
If you know your insurance company and policy number, the following companies have 24 hour claim call centres:
- Allianz: 131 000
- Ansvar: 1300 650 540
- Calliden: 1800 805 899
- CGU: 1800 812 040 or 1300 550 182
- Dawes: 1300 785 544
- Lumley/LSV: 133 578
- QBE Insurance: 1800 819 332 or 1800 023 387 (after hours emergency claims)
- Vero: 1300 888 073
- Zurich: 132 687
However if you call one of the above claims call centres and have any problems, please do not hesitate in contacting our office for assistance.
For vehicle claims:
To make the claims process easier, please make sure you get the following information
- Name, address and phone number of all persons involved
- Registration number of all vehicles involved, including the year, make, model and colour of the vehicles involved.
- Name, address and phone number of any witnesses
- It is also a good idea if possible to get the license number of the persons involved
- The time, date and location of the incident, as well as the direction any vehicles were traveling in
- How the incident occurred
For house claims:
- It is a good idea to write down the time, date, and any other information you can about the claim when it happens. Claims can be a traumatic experience and this can make it hard to remember specific details, which may be necessary in lodging the claim.
- Please remember it is your duty to minimise any damage to your premises should an incident occur. This may include calling a repairer to make temporary repairs. If this is necessary, it is a good idea to take as many photos as you can to outline the extent of the damage before repairs are commenced.